“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” Einstein
Finding the right coach
Looking back at my long and successful Reward career, there were several times when I felt I was going around in circles, and I wished I’d had a coach. I was looking for:
- a guide who understood my work
- someone who could help me assess what was serving me well and what I needed to let go
- an independent and trustworthy sounding board who would support me to achieve my goals
I searched extensively for this elusive person and found no real option that met my criteria. Instead, I opted for generic coaches who disappointed me because they either:
- didn’t understand the challenges of my role
- didn’t come well prepared for our sessions
- didn’t follow up on their promises
Is coaching for you?
If you’re a Head of Reward or a Reward Manager, my Reward coaching sessions are for you.
You may be new in the role, have an underperforming team, or feel frustrated you don’t have anyone impartial around you to talk through your challenges.
My Reward coaching provides you with the option I was looking for all along: dedicated one-to-one time where you can share your story in confidence, I challenge your thinking, and we explore options you may not have considered before.
I’ve been there and this is exactly why I’m offering you Reward coaching. My sessions follow the five steps of my E.A.R.T.H.® methodology:
EARTH®: Evaluate Ascertain Realise Tell Help
- E: EVALUATE your current situation
- A: ASCERTAIN your desired objectives and outcomes
- R: REALISE the changes you need to make
- T: TELL your story in your personal private journal
- H: HELP monitor your progress and results and recalibrate your objectives for next time
My coaching includes:
- Preparation of each bespoke session
- Actual sessions (45 minutes each)
- Recording with a summary of the key points we discussed
- Follow up actions (yours and mine)
As a keen advocate of the UN SDGs, my coaching sessions support the following sustainability goals, in particular:
- #3: Good health and well-being
- #4: Quality education
- #5: Equality
- #8: Decent work and economic growth
- #10: Reduced inequalities
My aim is for you to:
- get clear about what’s working well and not so well
- improve your performance (either directly or through your team)
- receive the recognition you deserve
As Einstein said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” If you don’t follow his wise words, your situation will not change. You and your valuable team members will become dissatisfied and eventually leave. It’s a lose-lose situation for everyone: a waste of money, talent and opportunity.
So, invest in your personal development today!
I have been an interim Head of Reward, a senior Reward practitioner and a Reward consultant for over 30 years. I have worked across geographies with private and publicly listed organisations in financial services, energy, technology and retail. I understand your Reward technical and managerial challenges.
I enjoy getting the best out of people and am described as straight-talking, delivery-focused and highly dependable. My pledge is that I will share my knowledge, experience and relevant contacts to create solutions that work for you.
Check out my impressive client list and their testimonials.
It’s easy for us to work together. The next step is for you to book your discovery call to explore if there is mutual synergy. I look forward to hearing from you!